Getting Started Guide for Students
Welcome to YCCD!
The information here will help explain the technology tools we use at Yuba Community College District (YCCD). Please take some time and explore all of the options available to you.
Getting started at YCCD
New students, First and most important step is obtaining your YCCD Student ID number. Your Student-ID combined with your password will give you access to resources throughout YCCD including our services across Woodland and Yuba Community Colleges and Centers.
Obtaining your YCCD Student ID number and Password
- Once your have submitted your online application with your current email address, you will receive an email confirming your acceptance and providing a link to retrieve your 7-digit Student ID number.
- After receiving your Student ID, log into WebAdvisor and change your password.
- Great! Now you'll be able to use your YCCD student ID number and password across the district.
- Note some services may require a pre/post fix to your Student ID and will be noted on the login page.
Resources you now have access to:
Once you have received your Student ID and have reset your password you will have access to following services:
- MyCampus Portal - this is the gateway to all of your technology tools plus so much, much more. Start your day here!
- WebAdvisor - your gateway to add and drop courses, pay your fees, request a refund of rees, view grades, obtain an unofficial transcript, and to change your address or phone number. To learn more visit http://help.yccd.edu/?page_id=319.
- Office 365 Business - is an online office suite of applications by Microsoft and they work across all your devices seamlessly. At YCCD you will have access to the following online services: Outlook (email), Calendars, People (contacts), Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and much more. To learn more visit http://help.yccd.edu/?page_id=294.
- Logging into Office 365 - There are quite a few ways of getting on to the login page. For example, from links within our sites or from apps on your smart phones/tablets. The direct link to the login page is http://outlook.com/yccd.edu You may wish to book mark this page or create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Canvas - is your virtual class room environment for online courses. Many of your professors may require you to use Canvas for your on campus courses. To learn more visit http://help.yccd.edu/?page_id=235
- Oohlala - is a mobile app to interact with your peers, clubs, events and everything else to enrich your student experience. To learn more visit http://help.yccd.edu/?page_id=307
- EMS - emergency messaging system by regroup
- Wi-Fi - learn how to locate hot spots and connect to the wireless network
- YCCD Websites - learn where to go for what you need on the various college websites