- First bring up the course that will be merged into the main one and click on Settings.
- The section that does not have content in it
- Also note – If this section has graded material you will not be able to access it once the courses have been merged
- Either save this info or have the students resubmit their work.
- On the settings page click on the Sections tab at the top.
- Click on the section that contains the students for the course, which brings up a list of enrollments.
- Next, click on the Cross-List this Course button located on the right side of Canvas.
- This will bring up the Cross-List window. In the Search for Course input box, type in a portion of the target course’s title to bring up a drop down menu listing courses containing that text.
- Select the course that you want to use and then click Cross-List This Section.
For more info see – https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10885