Getting started at YCCD
Welcome to YCCD, our goal is to provide you with the best support and training resources so that you can leverage most of the technology being used throughout the district. Please take time to go through all of the guides, they will help with your academic endeavors at YCCD.
Obtaining Your YCCD Login Information:
As a new student, the first and most important step is obtaining your YCCD Student ID number. Your Student-ID combined with your password will give you access to resources throughout YCCD including our services across Woodland and Yuba Community Colleges and Centers.
Obtaining your YCCD Student ID Number and Password
- Once you have submitted your online application with your current email address, you will receive an email confirming your acceptance and providing information on your student ID number.
- After receiving your student ID, log into PortalGuard and change your password.
- Great! Now you’ll be able to use your YCCD student ID number and this password across the district.
- Note some services may require a pre/post fix to your Student ID and will be noted on the login pages…this is commonly referred to as the WebAdvisor ID
Resources available to you:
Once you have received your Student ID and have reset your password you will have access to following services:
- MyCampus Portal – this is the gateway to all of your technology tools plus so much, much more. Start your day here!
- Links to sign into services available to you; such as WebAdvisor, Canvas, Email (via Office 365), One Drive, etc.
- Stay up to date via viewing announcements, calendar events, and social media feeds.
- Stay connected with Team Sites – access information related to your classes and groups you’re involved in.
- To learn more, please read the ‘MyCampus Portal Guide for Students‘ at http://yccdhelp.wpengine.com/article/mycampus-portal-guide-for-students
- To login directly navigate to http://mycampus.yccd.edu/
- WebAdvisor – is your gateway to registering/adding and dropping courses, making payments, requesting a refund, viewing grades, obtain an unofficial transcript, and to change your contact information.
- To learn more please read the ‘WebAdvisor Guide for Students‘ at http://yccdhelp.wpengine.com/article/webadvisor-guide-for-students
- To login directly navigate to http://webadvisor.yccd.edu
- Office 365 Business – is an online office suite of applications by Microsoft and they work across all your devices seamlessly. Included services are online outlook (email), calendars, people (contacts), Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and much more.
- To learn more please read the ‘Office 365 Business Guide for Students‘ at http://yccdhelp.wpengine.com/article/office-365-guide-for-students
- To login directly navigate to http://outlook.com/yccd.edu
- Canvas – is your virtual class room environment for online courses. Many of your professors may require you to use Canvas for your on campus courses. Canvas allows students access to course materials, participate with classmates, take exams, and upload homework assignments.
- To learn more please read the ‘Canvas Guide for Students‘ at https://help.yccd.edu/article/canvas-guide-for-students
- To login directly navigate to https://yccd.instructure.com
- Oohlala – is a mobile app to interact with your peers, clubs, events and everything else to enrich your student experience.
- To learn more please read the ‘Oohlala Mobile App Guide‘ at http://yccdhelp.wpengine.com/article/oohlala-mobile-app-guide
- To download the app search for ‘oohlala Yuba’ or ‘oohlala Woodland’ from Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- EMS – emergency messaging system by Catapult
- Wi-Fi – learn how to locate hot spots and connect to the wireless network