Canvas is our Learning Management System (LMS) at YCCD. Your professors use Canvas to teach online correspondence, supplemental face to face “lecture” sections, and online synchronous courses. Many of your professors may require you to use Canvas.
Logging into Canvas
- You can login to canvas from http://yccd.instructure.com.
- You can also bookmark above url or log in from our college sites by selecting Canvas in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Your username is the first initial of your last name(capitalized) + your 7 digit Student ID number
- If you don’t know your Student ID you can lookup it up based on your last name and your SSN.
- Your password is the one you would have set using the PortalGuard system when you first signed up.
- If you are having difficulties logging in you can reset your password via PortalGuard system.
- Note: This change will affect ALL YCCD online systems.
Getting Started with Canvas
- You can get up can running by reviewing ‘Getting Started with Canvas as a Student‘ guide and get addtional help from within Canvas by clicking on ‘Help’ icon